6.09.2009

Weekly Etsy Finds: Summer Loving

It's summer vacation for students, teachers, and professors alike.  And whether you are going to the beach, backpacking across Europe, Taking an exciting trip to Panama, or just visiting your neighborhood pool, I am sure these Etsy finds will be great in your summer collection.

1. Cashmere Silk Shaw
by Sanchia845
$125 {+shipping}
Destination: Paris, France
Photobucket
It may be summertime, but a shaw can always come in handy.  I use one on plane rides.  It sits in my bag or around my neck if the airport is cold.  When on the plane, I can use it as a blanket or a pillow.  It also works well as a sun blocker on the beach or a stylish accent when in Europe.

2. Handmade Straw Fedora
by Jennfunk
$70 {+shipping}
Destination: South Africa
Photobucket
This is another thing I always have with me on a plane trip.  It is a stylish way to have unruly hair.  When at your destination, it is good to keep the sun from your eyes and avoid drastic sunburns.  I love this one especially because of its detailed band.  Jason Mraz would approve.

3. Upcycled Vintage Blue Suitcase
by Zaq'sVintageandDesign
$70 {+shipping}
Destination: Darjeeling Limited {not really a destination, but you know...}
Photobucket
This vintage suitcase is good because it has hard sides, making it easy to organize and keep it that way.  I love the color and it would fit very well on a train's tiny spaces.

4. Compact Travel Cribbage
by barkupatree
$59.95
Destination: Family Road Trip to Family Reunion
Photobucket
Every year since we moved to Florida, my family packed up the car and drove 12 hours to a lake in Alabama to spend a long weekend with our large extended family.  This weekend involves lots of card games, food, swimming, etc.  We usually spent the trip on the road brushing up on our card playing and eating boiled peanuts.  This would have been a perfect game for the road.

5. Vintage Inspired Marilyn Swimsuit
by ladramaqueen
$110
Destination: Cannes, France
Photobucket
One pieces, I think, are the best to have at beaches because you don't have to worry.  This one is absolutly beautiful and I would feel like I was Grace Kelly in To Catch a Theif.  One pieces are an must when going to the beach.

6. Vintage Wheat Ruffle Dress
by Allen Company Inc
$38 {+shipping}
Destination: Rome, Italy
Photobucket
This dress, which is one of a kind, would make a nice dress to have in a girl's suitcase.  She can throw it on and run out the door and still feel stylish.  Though it seems like a city dress {Italy, you know, gelatos and Vespas}, it would also make a very nice swimsuit coverup or a plane ride dress.

7. All Natural Milk and Honey Soap
by LilyBaySoap
$4.25 {+shipping}
Destination: Melbourne Beach, Florida
Photobucket
Something about this soap, the look of it maybe, makes me smell the beach: sand in my hair, sunscreen running down my arms, salt in my ears, everything.  It makes me want to take a nice, cool shower.

8. Overboard Necklace
by JMundoDesigns
$50 {plus shipping}
Destination: Ocean City, Maryland
Photobucket
There is something very nautical about Maryland, just like this necklace.  Everyone needs at least one piece of jewelry on her vacation.  Having a necklace that could be both dressy and delicate or go well with a sundress is a travel must.

9. Wooden Pinhole Camera
by Jaesong
$95 {+shipping}
Destination: Prembrokeshire, Wales
Photobucket
Sure, a digital camera is great for recording your vacation, but there is also an art to something a bit different.   The beach in Wales would be a great place to get this baby rolling.

10. My Favorite: Stockholm II
by IkaBags
$27 {+shipping}
Destination: Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
A smaller bag that could be used as both a carry on or for a day at the beach.  It is beautifully made and is my favorite out of this compilation.  This kind of tote is a necessity for a beach or lake vacation.


Note: I do not own these images.  They belong to the sellers on Etsy.  Some of the images, I edited the color slightly to fit my aesthetic on the blog.  Please look a the source for the colors and maybe to even buy {I spend a lot of time on these lists for you not buy!  haha}


Cheers!
Abbie

2 comments:

Erin said...

I missed your blogging! I love the pictures you find and have 'starred' a few in my reader for inspiration.

Abbie Lee said...

Thank! I missed blogging.

hehe