1.16.2009

The Lion

Photobucket

Okay, so I found this amazing blog.  Don't ask me how, I just stumbled upon it somehow.  I am in love.  Here's the concept: when a photo fits a song or a song fits a photo.  Yeah, amazing concept right?  When I opened the website up, the most recent post happened to feature Bob Dylan's version of "A Man of Constant Sorrow."  I looked through the pages and saw pictures that made me think "Hey!  There's Clint Eastwood" or "That's the photo of Bullitt I had on my blog" or "Is that Zooey Deschanel" and then soon after, "Hey, there she is again."  Then when I played started paying attention to the songs {it took a moment to realize that there were songs to go along}, I though "A oui, La Valse D'amelie is a lovely song" and "Haha, the Ramones," and "Cooollll...the National.  Great Stuff," and when I saw Charles Trenet, I knew it was a match made in heaven. If a site gets me to think all these great things, then they are doing good.

The song taste is brilliant and the photos are perfectly matched.  bottom line: I am in love. 

Dying to know the site: okay, here it is.


I will be going back.  Soon.  Every day, possibly.


Photobucket
{This one is my favorite, it goes with one of my favorite Dylan songs, It's All Over Now, Baby Blue}

By The Way, the new song is by Bobby Darin {originally in French by Charles Trenet called La Mer}. That is not Frank Sinatra. Some people just don't know.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Joanna Goddard said...

such beautiful photos!!!